Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Little More Makeup

Today, my dear mother, in all of her great wisdom suggested that I should consider wearing more make-up. She explained that I’m not getting any younger after all, and could use a little more color on my face like I had yesterday during the fashion show (as it was applied by professionals).

Until now, my daily make-up routine included face powder (Shiseido’s Aupress line – possibly only available in China - with SPF 20 in shade OC20) and lip gloss (by Neutrogena in either Dreamy or Glimmer depending on the outfit I had on for the day). That’s it. No foundation (Shiseido’s powder I felt did a decent enough job of covering all of the unevenness in my skin and scarring from my very acne prone teenage years without being too heavy), no eye make-up, just some lip liner every now and then to enhance to color of the lip gloss, again depending on what I was wearing that day.

Thanks to my mother’s “gentle” encouragement, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt for me to pay a little more attention to what the “professionals” are doing for me (I do get to work with quite a few incredibly talented make-up artists these days) and maybe learn a trick or two. I also pulled out an old Estee Lauder blush that came as a part of a “free gift with purchase” package a while back and started playing with that. I guess I will now be adding a little blush to my daily make-up routine. ;-p

No comments:

Post a Comment