Friday, September 11, 2009

Uninsured Motorists

Today, I had the misfortune of getting rear-ended by an uninsured and unlicensed motorist. Of course this couldn't have happened 6 weeks ago while I was still driving my old Jag (which the government calls a clunker). It had to happen in my brand new Highlander!

My poor new truck has already been off to such a rough start. In addition to the large amount of miles I've put on it right out of the dealer's parking lot (which is very uncharacteristic compared to my usual driving habits) it received it's first ding at about 3 weeks old thanks to my mother opening the passenger door, and with great force (especially considering her petite size) into a concrete wall. Now, at only 6 weeks old, I can already check off it's first collision. :-(

The good news is, no one was hurt and the uninsured, unlicensed driver didn't run. He pulled over, was very apologetic, seemed to feel badly that both my kids were in the car to witness this collision, asked me again and again not to call the 5-0 (police), and promised to make payments towards getting the damage repaired. I guess I can only keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best... I mean, what else am I supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment